My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://jaideanbakerphotography.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

10 on Tuesday

I'm jumping on the "10 on Tuesday" bandwagon...this week anyway. I'll see if I can even get through 10 today first.

1. Teagun started swimming lessons yesterday. I seriously almost teared up when he walked away with his class to get in the water - he looked so big and independent, but he is still my baby. I am *not* that mom, so it totally caught me off-guard.

2. He has preschool orientation next week. I'm guessing by my reaction to swim lessons, that the first day of preschool might be kind of rough on me...unless he acts like he needs me. I think that is what got me yesterday, he was just like, "see ya later, mom!" and turned around and walked away without thinking twice about it. He went to daycare full time for 2.5 years and he loved it and I loved it...I seriously have no idea where this is coming from. But we both are super excited for school to start! Now I don't have to feel guilty that I am "dumbifying" (like that word??) my child...lol!

3. Next month is mine and Trevor's 15 year "dating" anniversary. I'm trying to get him to go on a mini-vacation, but he is fighting it of course. Any good recommendations??? I was thinking of a short cruise out of California, but haven't looked into it all that much.

4. I have a girlfriends long weekend planned in October with two of my very good friends from high school. We all turned 30 this year, so we are all flying to San Diego and hanging out and going to the spa - can't wait!

5. Yes, Trevor endlessly complains about all my trips and leaving him at home, but then when I try to plan a trip with him, he doesn't act like he wants to go, so it is his own fault! :)

6. I jumped on the Twilight book bandwagon and am loving it! I am not a big reader - I honestly can't remember the last book I read, but I have read almost 3books in two weeks now. Love them. Yes, they are geared toward young teenagers, but I don't care! The third book is taking me a long time, but I think it is because I know I will only have one book left and then it will be all over! So I need book recommendations - preferably series books, but I am open to single books too!

7. Look how big he is getting. I get asked all the time if he is four...makes me kind of sad because I'm sure people expect him to act a little older than he really is then. But he is so darn sweet and cute (minus the whining and talking back).

20080810-00-14

8. And my Miss. Piggy. Seriously, this girl will eat anything and everything and can't get enough.

20080720--83

9. I love Google Reader. I don't know how I lived without it! I love reading blogs and am subscribed to almost 150 now and can keep up with relative ease. If you don't use it, you should (just be sure to still click into my blog and leave me a comment every now and again still!!!) :)

10. I am putting together information on my Holiday Mini-Sessions I will be offering, so be on the look-out for that in the next week or so! Yes, it is only August, but Christmas will be here before you know it and you will then already have your cards ready to go and pictures to give as gifts!!!

6 comments:

Jennie said...

As dorky as it sounds...try the Harry Potter series! I loved Twilight but HP is SO much better! :)

Anonymous said...

I was also going to suggest the HP series. Read all 7! I want to be a wizzard (or witch I guess). Also there is a series by Stephen King called the Dark Tower series which I recommend. Now I am not a big S. King fan. I am sooo easily freaked out by horror so I have not read any other book by him besides the 7 in this series. They're not THAT scary. If I can handle it anyone can cuz I'm a huge wuss. Too bad he mostly writes horror because he is a great writer. This is a good series!
Also for a mini vaca for you and your DH check out Hotwire vacation packages. I just booked my DH and I a long weekend in Aruba in Sept for a very good price.

Anonymous said...

Ok Jai - so what are the twilight books and what is google reader? I feel like I am in the dark ages...and have no idea what you are talking about :-)

Kim said...

The Stephanie Plum series (One for the Money, Two for the Dough, etc.) by Janet Evanovich are great lighthearted funny books. There is 14 of them right now. Also another book that is great is Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (sp?).

Miller Mommy said...

Hey!! I am like Holli, never heard of Google Reader...am I totally behind here or what??

WHINING?? Thank GOD Teeghun is not the only one driving his mommy absolutely insane with whining!!! UGH!!! About to drive me nuts!!!

Miller Mommy said...

OHHHH, by the way I absolutely love the picture of "Miss Piggy" :) :) What a hoot!!!