My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://jaideanbakerphotography.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Underwear = 2, Toilet = 0

and it is only 8:30 in the morning! Definitely not a good sign. I don't know if I am going to make it through potty training. He is 2 years 3 months old - please tell me that is not too young. We've read books, we've talked about it, he is in a daycare room with 13 other 2-3 year olds where half are currently potty training and he sees them use the toilet, he loves to come in when we are going and "cheer" us on. So why the heck will he not go on the toilet himself??? About 3 weeks ago, we totally dropped it. Did not mentioned or ask if he had to use the potty once. A couple times in that two weeks, he wanted to sit on his potty while I was using the toilet. I put him on it, but never pushed it and praised him for even sitting. So the last couple of nights we have been reading a new book, "Big Boys Use The Potty" and he seemed to really like it. So today, I decided I was going to either let him run around naked or put underwear on him and see how it goes. I decided to go the underwear route because I didn't really want to be cleaning up pee from the carpet and I figured the underwear would catch most of it. I have been setting the timer for every 20 minutes and he knows when he hears the buzzer, it is time to go try to sit on the potty. Well, two out of the last 4 times his underwear has been wet. It apparently does not bother him that he is walking around in wet underwear because he doesn't say anything to us. Is he just absolutely not ready for training yet? He is being very stubborn, that is for sure! Any advice out there???

Sorry, no pictures today - still going through the wedding pictures and have another session to go through of an adorable 2 and 6 year old. So I haven't even gotten out my camera to take pictures of Teagun recently. I will try to do that this weekend! I'm hoping to finish up the wedding pictures within the next couple of days (keeping my fingers crossed!).

No comments: