My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://jaideanbakerphotography.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

THE BABY IS HERE!!!!

and it's a GIRL!!!! She decided to bless us with her presence a little ahead of schedule. I guess all that Black Friday shopping got things moving. At least she was a polite enough little girl to let her mom shop all day long! :)
I started having contractions a little before midnight on Friday the 23rd and really debated whether or not I was really in labor or not (I knew I was, but I always get nervous that I am being paranoid and they are just going to send me home once I get to the hospital!). This one moved along quite a bit quicker than with Teagun. We got to the hospital shortly after 1am and I was dilated to a 5 already and contractions were less than 3 minutes apart. They had to give me a shot two separate times to try to slow things down so that the doctor could get here. The first shot worked for a short amount of time and the second one did nothing. After the c-section, the doctor said I had already dilated to an 8+ by the time they pulled her out. I kept wishing she would arrive before the scheduled c-section (and am still glad she did), but I kept asking Trevor during the contractions "Why did I want this to happen??? I could be having NO pain if we had made it to Tuesday!" :)
Both baby and mom are doing very well! She is just adorable and so dang sweet. I am still waiting for my MIL to bring Teagun in to meet her - can't wait!
My friend dropped off her laptop for me so I could update you all while in the hospital - thanks, Holli! No pictures yet - sorry!

So here's her name and stats:

Emery Lynn Baker
Born 2:53am 11/24/07
6lbs 15oz
20 inches long

21 comments:

Kim Harms said...

Congratulations!!! And yay for a little girl!!!!!! Cant wait to see pictures!

About Me said...

Congrats Jaidean & family! I can't wait to see photos of your baby GIRL!

Jennifer said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am SO happy for you & your family!!

Amanda said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I can't wait to see the new addition!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Welcome to the world little Emery!! I cannot wait to see pictures and hear all about how Teagun is adjusting to being a big brother!!
YEAH for early deliveries!!!

Brianne said...

Welcome to the world Emery! Can't wait to "meet" you!

Becky's Blog said...

Congrats Jaidean! I love the name Emery!

Michelle said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, I wasn't ready ;-) What an awesome surprise! You must be beside yourself! I'm so happy you're both healthy...enjoy yourselves!!

Jami said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy she came early, but still let you shop all day. I can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jaidean!! Can't wait to see pictures of Emery!! Have a good and fast recovery!!

Jill - Ryliesmommy on the photoboard

GummyMommy said...

Yippeeeee! Huge congrats Jaidean... Can't wait to see pics of your new addition.. Yipee! Teagun is a big bro now! Such great news!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again Jaidean & family - I'm so excited for you!

Christina said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see your pictures of her! Tigers

Janice said...

I knew it!!!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see her pictures!!! That's awesome you now have one of each!!!!!! Emery is going to be as beautiful as Teagun!

Tami said...

Congraulations!!! Can't wait to see her pictures.

Andrea said...

Congratulations Jaidean! (Trevor and Teagun, too!) I can't wait to "meet" Emery! I hope all is going well!

Shey said...

CONGRATS!!!!! AHHHHH!! So happy and thrilled for you! I love the name Emery - I am so excited for you guys!

Annie said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you and your family.

cec said...

Congrats to your little family! Love, love her name!!

Stacey said...

WOW - I'm SHOCKED it's a girl! I totally thought it was a boy! I love her name. Congrats to you and your family!

Kimberly said...

CONGRATS I'm so happy for you guys! I KNEW it was gonna be a girl!